May 27, 2019
A Quick Guide to Choose an Ideal CMS for Your Business
May 7, 2019
PWA and AMP: Future of Mobile Application
April 30, 2019
Drive Your Business Sales With These 7 Best Lead Generation Tactics in 2019
April 9, 2019
Optimize Your WordPress Website by Serving the Next-Gen WebP Images
March 26, 2019
Top 8 Security Measures To Protect Your WordPress Website In 2019
March 19, 2019
Guide to Drive Your Sales through Video Content Marketing
March 5, 2019
WordPress Trends To Rule The Web Development Arena In 2019
February 26, 2019
Why Choose Flutter for Cross-Platform IOS App Development?
February 19, 2019
Implementing Chatbot for WordPress – Your Full-time Website Employee
February 12, 2019
Java VS Kotlin – What’s your pick for Android App Development?
January 29, 2019
Mark Your Presence on Google with Smart SEO Tactics
January 22, 2019
Gutenberg Editor – The New Age of Editing
January 16, 2019
Build Your Brand Through Voice Assistants In 2019
January 8, 2019
Most Common Challenges Faced in AR Mobile App Development
January 1, 2019
Why Choose CodeIgniter for Web Application Development?
December 18, 2018
IOS App Development Carrying Your Business To The Next Level
December 11, 2018
Augmented Reality – Future of Mobile App Development
November 29, 2018
How Visual and Voice Search are revitalizing the Role of SEO
October 9, 2018
Web Design Trends That You Must Checkout in 2018
October 2, 2018
Web Development Trends You Must Implement in 2018
September 26, 2018
Grow Your Business with Responsive Web Design
September 18, 2018
Learn To Do Rich Snippets Like A Professional
August 22, 2018
Android 9 PIE – Latest Android OS with Amazing Features
August 8, 2018
Why You Should Use WordPress for Website Development
July 24, 2018
8 Reasons Why You Should Have Mobile App for Your Business
July 17, 2018
How To Improve Google Ranking Through Featured Snippets
July 3, 2018
Mobile Application Development Services For Restaurant Business
June 26, 2018
Mobile Application OR Mobile Website Development – Choose The Best
June 19, 2018
Local SEO With Andrew Shotland Over #SEOTalk
June 30, 2017
Are you a Startup? WordPress is the One-Stop Solution!
June 20, 2017
Do’s and Don’ts Before Designing a New B2B Website
June 13, 2017
Top 6 Must Have WordPress Plugins For Your Website
June 9, 2017
7 Steps for Successful Content Marketing Strategy
June 7, 2017
How To Use Digital Tools To Give Your Business An Online Presence
May 18, 2017
Top 10 Announcements From Google I/O 2017- The Epitome Of Excellence!
May 2, 2017
Among to All CMS why WordPress Development is most famous?
April 19, 2017
Why Laravel is Best Among The Top 5 PHP Frameworks
April 14, 2017
WordPress vs Magento, for Ecommerce Industry – What to Choose and Why?
April 3, 2017
Prime Notes To Make Your Task Easy Of Choosing The Best SEO Company
March 30, 2015
Buying and Selling IT Services Online Opens the New Era of Business
November 10, 2014
Global Vincitore – The Hub for World Class Services
November 5, 2014
SEO The Basic Need For A Website Marketing – Latest Trends and Statistics
October 29, 2014
Global Vincitore: The One Stop Place For User Friendly And SEO Friendly Coding
Mobile Application OR Mobile Website Development – Choose The Best
- June 26th, 2018
- Mobile App Development
To kick start your business brand, your presence on mobile devices is a must since more and more users are deviating from desktop usage to mobile usage due to the portability of mobile devices. But the question of the hour is, whether you should develop a Mobile Website or a Mobile App.
This depends on a lot of factors and may vary from company to company. What you should keep in mind is what your aim is when it comes to having any of these or both.
Before knowing your business requirements, understand what Mobile Apps and Mobile Websites are and the benefits and drawbacks they come with. After this, map it to your requirements to make an informed decision.
Just like the websites we access on our desktops, mobile websites are a collection of web pages which are linked together and can be accessed through browsers in our mobile devices like mobile phones or tablets through an internet connection.
Mobile Websites are made specifically to work on these smaller devices with an added interface for the touchscreen.
These days, websites with responsive web designs are used widely due to their enriched user experience in which they can be scaled in size from desktop to handhelds, keeping the user experience intact.
Mobile Apps are the applications which the users have to download from the app marketplace in respective devices e.g. Play Store is the marketplace to get mobile applications for Android devices, while App Store is the counterpart for iPhone’s.
Advantage and Disadvantage:
Check out the advantages and disadvantages of websites and apps and then decide which one is the best fit for your business.
- Mobile Websites are easily available through a browser on any device. A user doesn’t have to go through the hassle of searching up in the marketplace to access information. A mobile website is just a click away!
- On the other hand, a user has to search and then download the app from the respective marketplace, install it on the device and only then can start using it.
- A responsive website is available for all the devices and a single implementation will work for all the operating systems without any issues.
- Different versions of apps have to be developed to ensure device compatibility for multiple platforms.
- If you want to change any functionality or content or design of your website, the changes can be done easily and can be updated instantly in just a few steps.
- Changes have to work out for all the different versions of an operating system when it comes to updating an app. Also, the publisher has to push notifications to the users for updating the app on their device.
Ease of Search:
- The target audience for your mobile website can easily search it in the browser.
- In case of apps, the search results depend on the application store of respective manufacturers.
Ability to Share:
- Websites can be shared easily with the help of the URL through various mediums like SMS, FB posts or Twitter.
- App sharing can’t be done like this.
Cost, Support and Maintenance:
- Websites are effective when it comes to saving cost and time compared to Apps which need to be developed for all platforms with changes.
- When it comes to maintenance after deployment, the Websites are easier to maintain than Apps.
These are the primary things to consider while choosing between Apps and Websites but the trend is changing now. Here are a few other things to keep in mind before finalizing.
Surveys conducted regarding time spent on mobiles showed that 90% of this time is used in mobile applications for android and other platforms. More importantly, this will keep increasing in the coming years.
You should have an App instead of Website when:
- If you require highly interactive design, then building mobile applications for Android or iOS is a win-win, e.g. gaming apps.
- There are certain things which are peculiar to each one of us and in that case, the mobile app development services provider can provide us with variety of customization, as the Apps are very well-equipped to provide the same as compared to Websites. The reason for this is the fact that the mobile applications for android or iOS can access the device functionality easily and have access to our location, camera and phone data, e.g. Apps like Color Note help us to make to-do lists, generate reminders or apps that use the device location to provide seamless services.
- Mobile application development services providers can develop apps that can help us to generate reports and calculations when it comes to managing our daily finances by using the phone data and giving back the final result, e.g. we would prefer Split wise (monthly bill tracker) App over its Website version.
The main advantage of Apps over Website is, mobile app development services providers are now developing the apps that can be used even without an internet connection, in an offline mode, which makes their usage even more popular.
After going through all these points, you can enlist your business requirements and then contact a mobile application development services provider. If your target is a wider reach in less budget, go for Mobile Website. However, if you want a user-friendly, customized user experience, while making use of the additional features offered by platforms for mobile applications for android and others, then go for Apps.
There is no harm in having both at the same time. Hope the information is helpful to make the right decision.
Next Blog -March 05, 2019 by John Doe
Mobile Application Development Services For Restaurant BusinessSee blog